Presents the 1st Annual
Saturday October 20th
Fountain Valley Recreation Center & Sports Park
16400 Brookhurst St., Fountain Valley
11:00am to 5:00pm
Chamber Awareness Month
October is Chamber Awareness Month and we are holding our 1st Annual Fall Festival & Chili Cook-off. The idea of this one-day event is to bring community awareness to the chamber and keep Fountain Valley's small-town-feel. The Chamber Events Committee is looking to bring the community together with non-profit organizations, local businesses, and schools within our city. In doing so, we want to bring back the fun games we were used to growing up.
We Are Looking For Volunteers to Coordinate the Following:
GAME BOOTH VENDORS
Businesses or non-profits throughout the community that are willing to sponsor and operate a game booth.
- Game booth costs are $75 for Chamber members and $150 for non-members.
- Examples are: corn hole toss, gunny sack races, donut eating contest, pumpkin carving, ring toss, egg toss
CRAFT BOOTH VENDORS
- Businesses or non-profits throughout the community that are willing to sponsor and operate a craft booth.
- Craft booth sponsorships are $75 for Chamber members and $150 for non-members.
- Examples are: knitting, embroidery, jewelry making, origami, candles
CHILI COOK-OFF PARTICIPANTS
- Entrance fee is $50 which includes a 10X10 booth.
- Securing the prizes for the winners (with committee direction)
- People to sell tickets for the Tastings
- Food booth sponsorships are $75 for Chamber members and $150 for non-members
- Finding and contacting prospective participants of the Bake-Off (i.e. cookie, cake, pie, and salsa)
- Finding judges for the different contests handled by the food volunteers
- Finding and contacting sponsors for the kettle corn, cotton candy, and candy apple booths.
- Finding and contacting 3-4 food trucks willing to come to the event. Rental would be the same as the food booths
- Arranging the stage acts for the event together with the arranged time slots for the contests judging, local bands, dance troupe, cheering squads.
- Stage and performance logistics (i.e. stage, sound, performers)
SET-UP & TEARDOWN LOGISTICS
- Leading the crew of volunteers who will be at the festival early to set-up the spaces and area designation.
- Leading the crew of volunteers who will be tearing down, cleaning up and vacating the area.
- Contacting different groups and organizations who are able to volunteer for the event (i.e. Boys & Girls Club)
- Reviewing the budget and actual cash flow from the event.
- Budget, financing and cash concerns on the day itself. (i.e. 21+ wristbands sales)
Contact Festival Organizers to Sign-Up or For More Information
Chamber Events Committee Festival Organizer
Phone: (562) 307-5502
Chamber Event Committee Co-Chair & Chili Cook-off Organizer
Phone: (714) 767-1027