The President of the Fountain Valley Chamber of Commerce (Chamber) is the Chief Administrative Officer (CEO) of the Chamber and serves as an Ex-Officio member of all working committees. The President is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Chamber, coordinating all Chamber activities and fundraising events, and growing the membership at a level that will provide continuity and income to sustain the organization. The position includes the management of existing programs and events as well as the development of new programs and services as needed.
- Meet or exceed new member and retention goals.
- Contact (by phone or in-person) each existing Chamber member at least once per year to encourage continued participation at events and secure memberships.
- Participate in local civic, business and community organizations as a representative of the Chamber.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and promote all Chamber events.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors and all committees as needed.
- Attend all Chamber meetings and events, including all meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the general finances of the Chamber.
- Oversee all billing and record keeping of members, maintaining a master file of all active and former members.
- Send membership invoices or renewal letters, with a timely follow-up to ensure payment is received and processed.
- Solicit sponsorships to increase event proceeds.
- Maintain membership and participate in state and regional Chamber of Commerce organizations and attend their respective meetings.
- Stay abreast of current and potential future practices, trends, legislation and other information affecting the Chamber industry and the business sector.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with business and community organizations, local and state government, and elected officials, in order to represent and promote the Chamber and its policies/objectives.
- Oversee the employment and payroll of all Chamber personnel. Hire, train and supervise staff, including assignment of duties, regular performance reviews (at least annually) and discharge when necessary.
- Maintain the Chamber website.
- Coordinate event advertising materials and collateral.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent written communication skills
- Must have organizational, financial and computer skills
- Must have the ability to travel within the region and be available non-traditional hours (i.e. early mornings or evenings) to support the business of the Chamber
- Familiarity with the operations of a Chamber of Commerce is required
- Knowledge and understanding of the business community, economic development and political dynamics within the Fountain Valley and Orange County area is a plus.
Experience: Organization management professional; Chamber and/or Association industry preferred.
- WACE Academy Graduate: Preferred
- U.S. Chamber Institute Graduate: Preferred Deadline: September 30, 2018
- APPLY: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fountain Valley Chamber of Commerce
Attn: Search Committee
10055 Slater Avenue
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with Experience