Kingston Technology has career opportunity for a Quality Engineer with expertise in an electronic manufacturing business. As member of our corporate Quality Assurance team in Fountain Valley, CA, responsibility will include customer quality account management and the ongoing development of customer relationships with our OEM business partners; manage OEM customer quality levels and excursions through the Kingston global quality systems and sites; translate customer requirements into functional QCS work instructions, solving customer problems through audit, analysis, reporting. Will work closely with Kingston staff in Sales, Engineering, Operations, Project Management during the quality process. In addition to the following Essential Functions, other related work may be required.
- Establish, document and implement quality standards.
- Create and maintain work instructions in a timely manner to keep Kingston's quality systems current.
- Monitor quality performance of OEM/SOEM customers and their ODM’s, communicating trend changes or DPPM levels rising above quality targets.
- Support and respond to customer inquiry in consultation with appropriate technical departments, program manager and or quality management.
- Support global Kingston sites and internal departments with quality topics and OEM/SOEM customer inquiry.
- Coordinate memory product validation and product malfunction troubleshooting.
- Perform troubleshooting to root causes to resolve product malfunction using test equipment, analytical equipment and software to current test procedures. Follow up with customer and document customer Failure Analysis request.
- Assess and recommend FA test equipment, protocols and procedures.
- Three to five years of Quality Assurance experience in an electronics manufacturing business.
- Quality account management experience, with ability to interface effectively with customers.
- Experience in a production, SMT, PCB environment, knowledge of equipment function and control logic.
- Knowledge of Computer Memory technology (DRAM and Nand) based products is highly preferred.
- Experience with Asia-based supply chain quality activity and coordination is desired.
- Quality risk assessment and mitigation ability.
- 8D Failure Analysis understanding is helpful.
- PCB fabrication understanding and IPC workmanship criteria.
- Excellent interpersonal customer management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical specifications or requirements to customers.
- Must be able to use discretion and independent judgement.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate customers in various time zones.
- Available for occasional domestic and international business travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Kingston has grown to be the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. With global headquarters in Fountain Valley, California, Kingston employs more than 4,000 people worldwide. Regarded as one of the Best Companies to Work for in America by Fortune magazine, Kingston's tenets of respect, loyalty, flexibility and integrity create an exemplary corporate culture. Kingston believes that investing in employees is essential and that each individual employee is a vital part of the company's success.
Kingston serves an international network of distributors, resellers, retailers and OEM customers on six continents. The company also provides contract manufacturing and supply chain management services for semiconductor manufacturers and system OEMs.
We offer our full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k), a choice of PPO or HMO medical and dental, vision, FSA, life and disability insurance, EAP and more.
Kingston takes pride in its proactive role in verifying the quality and reliability of the components used in Kingston products. Kingston memory is designed and built with components that are purchased from qualified suppliers that meet Kingston's high-quality standards. Kingston has been ISO 9001 certified since 1994. Kingston has not only obtained this high standard certification, but it has maintained and improved its process to adapt to the demanding memory industry. Combining one of the most extensive and stringent testing processes in the memory industry, an exceptional free tech support center and a consistent roll-out of innovative technologies, Kingston Technology has continually set industry standards of quality and reliability throughout its history.